Periodically we’ll feature one of our vendors here to let our readers know about some great people who can help you plan the perfect wedding.
Why Santa Rosa/Sonoma Wine Country?
Sonoma County is an incredibly beautiful destination in with over 200 wineries, many in Santa Rosa, as well as the Russian River resort area, the Sonoma Coast along the Pacific Ocean, Jack London State Historic Park and the redwood trees of Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve. Beautiful indoor and outdoor venues abound.
Santa Rosa is the largest city in California’s North Coast, Wine Country and North Bay. Santa Rosa is the county seat for Sonoma County, and as of July 1, 2013 Sonoma County resumed issuing marriage licenses and performing weddings for couples of the same gender.
We’re easily accessible, 55 miles north of San Francisco, traveling on Highway 101, air service into the Sonoma County Airport by Alaska Airlines with non-stop service from Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles and San Diego.
Sonoma County was voted the #1 wine destination in the U. S. via Trip Advisor, and we have 285 days of sunshine a year.
The Santa Rosa Convention and Visitors Bureau welcomes the opportunity to provide NO COST ASSISTANCE when planning your gay wedding, let us go to work offering the following:
- Source the perfect venue for your ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner
- Hotel accommodations for your out-of-town guests
- Information on dining options, wine tasting, activities, attractions, performances, museums and cultural experiences
- Discount cards for local wineries, restaurants and attractions
- Maps, brochures and guides for all there is to see and do in Santa Rosa/Sonoma Wine Country
- When visiting stop by our California Welcome Center, located in historic Railroad Square, a great resource of information and locally made/themed gift items for your special day
- Celebrate Here in our Place of Plenty!